*submissions are now closed, thank you for participating!*
**submissions must be sent to our email address: email@example.com – don’t forget the mag!! read on for further details**
THE EVERYTHING ISSUE – 1st half of the year
The Everything Issue is our general issue, which means you can send in anything to us – poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, and art. It can be in any genre, any form. So long as it’s positive and you’re LGBTQIA+, you have a chance. See below for word counts.
The Everything Issue will be published in the first half of the year, but look out for specific dates on our twitter!
Issue 1 – our first ever issue, both in this category and in general! – is live now! Follow this link to view what we like, and view the delicious, heart-melting content from our wonderful community.
THE THEMED ISSUE – 2nd half of the year
The Themed Issue will be our more specific issue, and – as the name suggests – will be themed. Same rules apply – LGBTQIA+ submitters, no graphic content. But submissions can be positive and/or ambiguous, depending on your interpretation of the theme. This issue will not include creative non-fiction. See below for word counts.
The Themed Issue will be published in the second half of the year, nearer to the autumn and winter months, but look our for specific dates on our twitter!
This years theme is: The Thrilling & Chilling! Submissions open 2nd September – 13th October.
Have you ever felt your skin creep for no reason? Spotted figures in the dark of your room? And what is it with that house down the road, the one with the broken window and creaking wood? Who keeps leaving muddy footprints in your house, where you live alone? Will the detectives ever solve the case of that’s been plaguing your village? It was a dream, surely – but how do you explain the blood in your hands, the itch to howl at the moon?
- All submitters must be in the LGBTQIA+ community, as this magazine is a chance to change the negative discourse into something more realistic and positive – to say we exist as creators and humans, not just topics of debate
- All forms of submissions must be sent in PDF, Word.doc, or PNG, and must be laid out as TITLE OF PIECE + GENRE + WORD COUNT (if written)
- Please also send us a small bio, outlining who you are and what form you create in. Alternatively, you can remain anonymous, or publish under a different name – if this is the case, please state this in your first email
- If you are sending multiple submissions (up to 3 allowed), please send these in SEPARATE files, and make sure to read the reply, as there is no guarantee all three/multiple submissions will be accepted. If the multiple submissions are connected, please indicate this.
- Please do not send us something that is already published in a literary magazine. However, if your piece is self-published (social media, etc) that is okay.
THE WORD COUNTS
Submissions for poetry should be no longer than 40 lines, including lines between verses. Think of a blank A4 page as your canvas. Experimental and illustrated poems are also welcome.
A slight change from our first call for submissions, we are now placing word counts for fiction at 1,000 – 2,500. 50 words either side is fine, but please no more.
CREATIVE NON-FICTION (only for The Everything Issue)
For our creative non-fiction, we are looking for those moments that you love about yourself and your life. From the small joys to the large events, weddings to nights out. Tell us about those moments, inspire us and the next generation of LGBTQIA+. Word count is set for 1,500 – 2,500.
ART & PHOTOGRAPHY
Your photography, illustrations, even those character design sketches. So long as the quality is of high standard, and there is nothing too explicit (graphic sex might be a no, but nipples are fine), we will consider it. However, no more than 3 pieces at a time, and not all may be successful. If it is part of a series, please indicate this in the email subject line, or the body of the email.